Jul 28, 2017
ADSL Customers: Important Information
Urgent Message To Prevent Disconnection
DCSI support staff have been receiving many calls from customers who have been provided misleading or incorrect information by third parties regarding the transition to NBN in certain areas. This has resulted in numerous customers being without service for extended periods of time.
To avoid being impacted by this it is important to consider the following information if your existing home phone provider contacts you regarding an “NBN cut-off/switchover/cutover date”
You may be provided the following INCORRECT information by your phone line provider:
- “This change will not affect your DCSI Connection”
- “You can keep your internet connection through DCSI”
The CORRECT facts around NBN transitions are:
- During the conversion to NBN your copper line will no longer be able to support your existing ADSL service.
- This WILL result in a service disruption if you do not make alternative arrangements in time.
- All phone and ADSL services will be shut down in NBN areas after approximately 18 months from NBN services being available.
- The timeline for cut-off varies and NBNCo should inform you of the final date for conventional copper services in your area.
- You have the right to consider all of your options and delay the NBN transition up until the final cut-off date provided by NBNCo.
- It is recommended that you start this process as soon as possible to avoid the “rush” and potential issues closer to the cut-off date.
- You have the right to purchase services from non-NBN networks available in your area.
- For example, DCSI Fixed Wireless services are available across West Gippsland and are a great alternative to NBN services.
The local DCSI team are available 7 days a week to assist you with planning your transition to NBN or DCSI Fixed Wireless.
Give us a call on 1300 66 55 75
Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 9:00PM
Sat 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Sun 12:00PM - 6:00PM